UK STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS: For study visa in UK for India Students. While applying for a student visa requires you to carry a lot more documents in comparison to a tourist visa, by comparison. The mandatory documents required along with supporting documents of financial and academic records are a must.The following parameters are very important for UK study visa requirements: Study stream, percentage, Uk universities selected, gap in education and Funds.
Student Visa for UK – Check out UK Study Visa documents required, application process, fees, exam scores required, work permits, how to apply and new rules for Indian students.
Types of UK student visa
If you’re studying a short course and are over 18 years old, you may be eligible for the short-term study visa. This is valid up to six months for most short courses and can be extended for a stay of up to 11 months for English language courses.
If you’re studying a longer course, you’ll need to make sure your chosen institution holds a Tier 4 Sponsor License. You can either apply for a Tier 4 (Child) student visa (if you’re aged 4-17 and want to study at an independent school in the UK) or a Tier 4 (General) student visa for those aged 16 and over, & all of these are some UK Study Visa Requirements.
You should have the following documents before applying:
Along with the application form, a few documents are required to make a complete Postgraduate application, please find the list below.
- Curriculum vitae– (Original-signed by the student)
- Academic transcripts (photocopies)
- The following academic transcripts must be enclosed:
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
- Mark sheets of the degree course
- Provisional/Degree certificate
- Any other diploma or certificate or extra-curricular activity certificates
- Statement of purpose (Original – Signed by the student)
- Two Recommendation Letters (Original letterheads only)
The Recommendation letters should preferably be obtained from your College/ University Principal, Professors, and Lecturers. It can also be obtained from your current or ex-employer, in case if you have work experience.
- English Language Certificate– IELTS/TOEFL — 6.0-6.5/70-90
- Three Passport size Photographs – (Recent students name written on the back of them)
- Work Experience Certificate (on the original letterheads)- In case if you are working, you should get Work Experience letter/ certificate from your employer stating the duration and nature of work done by you in the company/Institute/Organization.
- A Photocopy of your passport–(Front two pages and last two pages)
The second-most popular study-abroad destination in the world, the UK welcomes nearly half-a-million international students every year. Such large numbers are down to one single fact: many UK universities are listed among the top universities in the world.
Short-term study visa
- A current passport or any other valid travel ID
- Proof of financial capability that you can finance your studies for the duration of the course in the form of bank statements or payslips for the last six months
- Details of your intended place of stay and travel plans
- If you are from a region where you have to take a tuberculosis (TB) test, you have to submit your medical reports
- Contact details of at least one parent or a guardian in your home country if you are below 18 years.
You are required to submit originals of these UK Student Visa documents Also, if any of these documents are not in English, you must get certified translations of such documents. You can get certified copies of originals by getting it signed and dated by approved personnel like a solicitor.
As for the passport, it must have a page that is blank on both sides for the visa.
The list of documents for UK student visa under this category also includes documents related to your course.
- As proof of your acceptance at a UK institution, you may submit a letter of acceptance from the institution preferably on official headed paper. The name of the course, duration and cost should be clearly outlined in the official letterhead.
- Other generic UK Student Visa documents may include:
- Academic Transcripts
- Reports of English language proficiency tests, like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Financial sponsor’s occupation, income, funds, etc.
- Accommodation and travel plans.
UK student visas are awarded on a points-based system. In order to meet all the UK student visa requirements, you’ll need to provide:
- Details of your passport
- A recent photograph
- An unconditional offer of a place on a course offered by a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor, evidenced by a ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’ (CAS) form from your course provider (worth 30 points)
- Proof of adequate English language skills, demonstrated by passing one of the secure English language tests (SELT).
- Proof you have financial support throughout your stay in the UK and study in uk.
- If you’re a non-EU/EEA/Swiss student studying a sensitive subject, you may also need an ATAS certificate
Proof of financial support can take the form of bank statements or a letter from your financial sponsor, showing you can cover your tuition fees, accommodation and living costs.
You may also be required to produce documents showing your academic qualifications, and to attend an interview or biometric test, which includes a digital scan of your fingerprints. Depending on your country of origin, you may also be required to have certain medical vaccinations or undertake a tuberculosis test.