UK Student Visa Requirements: Applying for a student visa requires you to carry a lot more documents in comparison to a tourist visa, by comparison. Aspirants need the mandatory documents along with supporting documents of financial and academic records. Make sure you refer to the UK Student Visa checklist before going to the consulate for the visa interview.
You should have the following documents before applying:
A completed student visa application form A letter of acceptance on the course – Your approved education provider will give you an acceptance letter (CAS) and a visa letter which are official and unconditional offers of a place on a course of study. The visa letter must be issued no more than six months before you apply. The applications where the visa letters are older than six months will be refused. Having a visa letter does not guarantee the application will be successful. The applicant must meet all the requirements of the category and any other requirements of the immigration rules. Proof of funds – The money you need to show covers your course fees for your first year of study and living costs for up to a maximum of nine months. The amount you will need depends on whether you are applying as a child or adult and also whether you will be studying in or out of London. You must show that you have held the money for at least 28 days. The end of those 28 days must not be more than one month before the date of your application.
UK study visa requirements are extremely simple to follow. For Study visa all international students who want to study in the UK are required to get a student visa. This type of visa is only available to full-time university students pursuing a degree in the UK, and not short-term or language courses. Anyone who is planning to study in UK is required to have a visa to stay in the country for an extended period. Immigration requirements for UK (and the United Kingdom as a whole) are determined by your nationality and the country’s that you have citizenship in. This part of the guide will focus on giving you a general idea of the guidelines for getting a visa for study in UK.
Along with the application form, a few documents are required to make a complete Postgraduate application, please find the list below.
- Curriculum vitae– (Original-signed by the student)
- Academic transcripts (photocopies)
- The following academic transcripts must be enclosed:
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
- Mark sheets of the degree course
- Provisional/Degree certificate
- Any other diploma or certificate or extra-curricular activity certificates
- Statement of purpose (Original – Signed by the student)
- Two Recommendation Letters (Original letterheads only)
The Recommendation letters should preferably be obtained from your College/ University Principal, Professors, and Lecturers. It can also be obtained from your current or ex-employer, in case if you have work experience.
- English Language Certificate– IELTS/TOEFL — 6.0-6.5/70-90
- Three Passport size Photographs – (Recent students name written on the back of them)
- Work Experience Certificate (on the original letterheads)- In case if you are working, you should get Work Experience letter/ certificate from your employer stating the duration and nature of work done by you in the company/Institute/Organization.
- A Photocopy of your passport–(Front two pages and last two pages)
The second-most popular study-abroad destination in the world, the UK welcomes nearly half-a-million international students every year. Such large numbers are down to one single fact: many UK universities are listed among the top universities in the world.
Short-term study visa
- A current passport or any other valid travel ID
- Proof of financial capability that you can finance your studies for the duration of the course in the form of bank statements or payslips for the last six months
- Details of your intended place of stay and travel plans
- If you are from a region where you have to take tuberculosis (TB) test, you have to submit your medical reports
- Contact details of at least one parent or a guardian in your home country if you are below 18 years.
You are required to submit originals of these UK Student Visa documents Also, if any of these documents are not in English, you must get certified translations of such documents. You can get certified copies of originals by getting it signed and dated by approved personnel like a solicitor.
As for the passport, it must have a page that is blank on both sides for the visa.
The list of documents for UK student visa under this category also includes documents related to your course.
- As proof of your acceptance at a UK institution, you may submit a letter of acceptance from the institution preferably on official headed paper. The name of the course, duration and cost should be clearly outlined in the official letterhead.
- Other generic UK Student Visa documents may include:
- Academic Transcripts
- Reports of English language proficiency tests, like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Financial sponsor’s occupation, income, funds, etc.
- Accommodation and travel plans.
Types of UK student visa
If you’re studying a short course and are over 18 years old, you may be eligible for the short-term study visa. This is valid up to six months for most short courses and can be extended for a stay of up to 11 months for English language courses.
If you’re studying a longer course, you’ll need to make sure your chosen institution holds a Tier 4 Sponsor License. You can either apply for a Tier 4 (Child) student visa (if you’re aged 4-17 and want to study at an independent school in the UK) or a Tier 4 (General) student visa for those aged 16 and over, & all of these are some UK Study Visa Requirements.