Greece Study Visa Requirements and process
With so much history, art and inspiration seeping from every inch, who wouldn’t want to study abroad in Greece? Not only does it have ancient relics such as the Parthenon, but it has a variety of natural scenery that pleases beachgoers and mountain lovers alike. As with any trip, there is a lot of preparation involved beforehand and you might be wondering what the Greece visa requirements for an international student are.
Greece is a part of the Schengen Treaty meaning if you are not a citizen of a European-Union, you more than likely will need to obtain a Schengen visa for your studies over 90 days. However, there are exceptions. A Schengen visa will allow you to visit other countries within the Schengen space on this one visa.
To obtain a Schengen visa to study abroad in Greece the application must be submitted in person two weeks prior to your scheduled departure. Below is a general list of Greece visa requirements that will need supporting documents. Please note depending on your home country and situation you may be required to provide additional forms of information.
General required documents for a Greece Visa Application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Greece Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Greece Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Greece and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Greece and itinerary
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Greece
- Hotel Reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Greece. Find and Book Cheap Hotels in Greece!
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Greece
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave approval letter from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.