New Zealand Visa Requirements
You will need a student visa if you wish to come to New Zealand to study full-time for more than 3 months. You can only get a student visa to study in a course at an education institution, which is registered and approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. Student Visa applications are processed by New Zealand Immigration Service, New Delhi.
Your student visa will be issued for the length of time your course tuition fees have been paid. If you are studying a long-term course at secondary school, University or Polytechnic you will normally pay your tuition fees every year. Visa application should be lodged at least 2 months prior to the course commencement date.
New Zealand Pre-visa Document Checklist
- Student Visa Application Form
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Visa Fee payable by Demand Draft favoring “Immigration New Zealand” payable at Mumbai
- Covering Letter
- Statement of Purpose
- Offer Letter from the Institution
- Guarantee of Accommodation or arrangements made
- Financial Undertaking Form
- Affidavit of Support from Sponsor
- Authorization Letter from Sponsor
- Evidence of Funds and Income in the form of:
- Loan Sanction letter
- Bank Statements / Bank Passbooks for past 6 months, not more than one week old
- Other movable and immovable Assets
- Chartered Accountant Statement / Summary Statement
- Last 3 years income tax papers of all family members
- If Tuition fee is paid in advance, then attach copy of fee receipt
- Educational Certificates, Mark sheets, Degrees and Diplomas
- IELTS / TOEFL / PTE score
- Supplementary Information Form
- Work Experience Certificate, if employed
- Police Clearance Certificate from Regional Passport Office
- Medical & T.B. X-ray Certificates from Panel Doctor
Upon receiving the Approval-in-Principle, the student has to pay the 1st year’s tuition fee to the institution. Thereafter, the institution will send the fee receipt by email to NZIS, to enable them to issue the Visa Stamp.
We’re the global leaders. Find out why we are the best at what we do.
Listen to what other students have to say about their experiences abroad.