Admission process in University College of Northern Denmark
- Work experience relevant to your choice of studies
- Additional proficiency (e.g. parts of higher education level courses, summer school or other upper secondary level courses)
- Studies or work in a country other than your home country
- Relevant courses or classes
- English language qualification
You must meet one of the following admission requirements:
To meet the entry requirements for UCN’s study programmes, you must hold a Diploma of the International Baccalaureate (i.e. you must have passed all your IB courses), and you must meet the specific entry requirements indicated below.
You must have minimum a total score of 24 IB points in order to apply for one of our English-taught programmes.
IB ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- English, B level, standard level (SL)
- Mathematical studies, standard level (SL)
Specific admission requirements
Either of the following AP Degrees will give you access to the programme, however, you may also apply for admittance on the grounds of another relevant education as well as high level in mathematics.
- Computer Science
- Multimedia Design and Communication
However, if you do not have one of the abovementioned qualifying degrees, but have qualifications equivalent to them (e.g. another relevant professional AP degree), you can apply for dispensation in the form of a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR).
English language requirements
At UCN you are expected to participate actively in class discussions along with group works and projects. You must also be able to write academic papers and take written and oral exams. Therefore, you must have a high level of English proficiency.
This means that you are expected to have English language qualifications comparable to the English B level from the Danish upper secondary school (gymnasium).