Start with Step 1 – Finding out what I need to submit
There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.
Meeting the English requirement – bachelor’s and master’s level studies
You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with:
- grades issued 1 January 2000 and later by Andhra Pradesh Board of
- Intermediate Education with English as the course of instruction, or
- grades issued 1 January 2014 and later from Telangana Board of Intermediate Education with English as the course of instruction, or
- grades in English and at least three other subjects with English as language of instruction stated on official documentation.
If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.
You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.
Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions
For bachelor’s level studies:
The following diplomas/certificates meet the criteria:
- Higher Secondary Certificate Examination
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination
- Indian School Certificate (ISC)
- Certificate of Vocational Education (CVE)
Submit your Examination Certificate with Statement of Marks issued by a nationally recognised Board (not the school).
Did you graduate after 2009?
If you graduated after 2009, a passing grade in Mathematics is required to meet the general entry requirements for bachelor’s level studies. If you don’t have a passing grade in Mathematics in your Higher Secondary Certificate or Proficiency Certificate, you must also submit your Secondary School Certificate (SSC).
For master’s level studies:
For entry to a Master’s study programme, the minimum requirement is a 4-year Bachelor’s degree, or a Bachelor’s degree followed by a Master’s degree (4 years of study in total). Some, but not all, study programmes require for that first degree to be in a related field.
Consideration will also be given to applicants who have attained a 3-year Bachelor’s degree with honours in certain social science or humanities majors.
Students holding only a 3-year Bachelor’s degree without honours will not satisfy the entry requirements for a Master’s programme.
The following degrees do not satisfy the entry requirements for a master’s programme:
- A Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh
- A Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery from India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh
What should I submit?
To demonstrate your eligibility, you must submit your transcript of record for all four years and your diploma.
Supporting document requirements
- Please note that college-issued mark sheet/result card/transcript will not be accepted (unless they are from an autonomous Indian college).
- Diploma and study results from all years of post-secondary education must be submitted if they are required for continued studies, e.g. lateral entry: continuing to the second year of higher education after having completed post-secondary courses.