Poland Study Visa Requirements and process
In order to study in Poland, you must have completed a secondary level education and be in possession of a leaving certificate that confirms that you are eligible to apply for university. If you passed the International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate exams, you may freely apply for undergraduate studies at a Polish university.
However, if you only have an equivalent qualification from your home country, you will need to have it legally recognized at one of the Polish diplomatic outposts or another appropriate institution. This means certifying that your diploma is in accordance with the law of the country in which it was issued. Then you will have to verify it with the Polish law. This process of granting recognition of a degree from a foreign university is called nostrification.
Additionally, if you wish to be accepted for postgraduate studies in Poland, you will need to present an undergraduate diploma from a Polish institution or an overseas equivalent. You must present nostrification of your foreign diploma to a Polish university by the end of the first term.
General required documents for a Polish Visa Application:
- Download the Polish Visa application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Poland Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Polish Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Poland and the entire Schengen area. Find out more about Visa Insurance for Europe.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Poland and itinerary
- Flight air ticket reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Poland
- Hotel Booking Reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Poland
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Poland
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Polish Visa application.