Studying in Germany
- Skyline Consultants is an educational consultant in Chandigarh, Yamunagar, Ambala, Delhi, Jalandhar and Mohali providing study abroad solutions for Germany, Student visa consultants in Germany, Germany student visa consultants in chandigarh, Mohali, Free Education in Germany, Language Courses in germany, Study Abroad in Germany Consultants.We also give agents service for overseas education in germany.
- Many pioneering inventions were created in Germany. The list of German Nobel Prize winners is long – sixty-eight alone in the field of science and medicine. These include Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, Robert Koch, Max Planck, Albert Einstein, Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard and Harald zur Hausen. And Germany isn’t called the “land of poets and thinkers” for nothing. It has produced great philosophers like Kant, Hegel and Adorno, poets like Goethe, Heine and Brecht, and renowned composers, such as Bach, Beethoven and Brahms.
- Science and research have a long tradition in Germany and still play an important role today. The oldest university was founded in Heidelberg in 1386. There are over 360 nationally accredited universities located in more than 170 cities and towns in Germany. These universities offer a wide range of opportunities to study and research with more than 13,000 degree programmes, 800 of which are internationally oriented.Skyline Consultants is an educational consultant in Chandigarh, Delhi, Punjab, Haryana providing student visa services for Germany, Language course, Free Education as well as paid education in German colleges and universities.
- Your child will find optimal conditions for gaining a successful education in Germany. The facilities at universities and research institutes are well-equipped. Students receive intensive academic advising, but are also taken seriously as future scholars and scientists.
- And, of course, German is one of the most important scientific languages and is shared by over 125 million people worldwide. Although English is a must, German is a plus. Most people regard English as essential, but knowing another foreign language can improve one’s career chances in a globalised world. That’s why learning German is a good idea!
- Skyline Consultants is an educational consultant in Chandigarh, Yamunagar, Delhi and Mohali providing study abroad solutions for Germany, Student visa consultants in Germany, Germany student visa consultants in chandigarh, Mohali, Free Education in Germany, Language Courses in germany, Study Abroad in Germany Consultants, Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab.
Before you can study at a German university, you first have to enrol. This procedure is called enrolment or registration. Once you’re formally enrolled, you may attend courses at your university, take examinations and finally receive an academic degree. Enrollment also allows you to access all facilities at the university, for example, the library, sports grounds and computer rooms.
You may enrol at your German university as soon as you receive your notification of admission from the International Office or the Foundation for Higher Education Admission (former ZVS). The notification also includes information concerning the enrolment period. Pleasenote that the enrolment period can be rather short and you have to show up in person in order to enrol at the university.
Undergraduate studies were until recently the basic studies (Grundstudium) of a Diplom or Magister programme, generally taking four semesters (2 academic years) and finishing with an intermediate examination (Diplom-Vorprüfung, Zwischenprüfung). Students are then enabled to follow their studies in the second stage of Hauptstudium, taking another 4 semesters with the 5th being the preparatory semester for taking the final exams, the Diplomprüfung or the Magisterprüfung or State Exam (for Law and subjects for becoming a teacher). The new graduation system of the Bachelor as an undergraduate program instead of the basic studies program has already been introduced in Germany with the aim of achieving an internationally competitive degree and studying in a condensed, shortened time of 3 years.
The advanced studies (Hauptstudium) form the second stage to the final examination, takes five semesters at least. The final exams still are the Diplom and Magister, but they are slowly replaced by the Master degree. The Magister study involves either two equally weighed major subjects or a mixture of one major and two minor subjects. According to the new graduation system, after having completed the Bachelor’s studies, a Master of Arts/Science is the successfully achieved title after two years of studying.
A Doctoral degree can only be achieved at universities. The time of doctoral studies, the Promotion, has duration of 2 to 4 years of independent scientific research, the public presentation and defence of the thesis. The Diplom/Erstes Staatsexamen/Magister Artium/Master of Arts/Science are the preconditions for taking Doctoral studies.
For admission, students should have a similar qualification certificate to the higher education entrance qualification acquired in Germany (the Abitur for universities or Fachhochschulreife for colleges). If qualifications obtained at the home country are not accepted, applicants must take a special examination (Feststellungsprüfung). There are preparatory courses on offer. The visa regulations and the residence permits are available at German embassies. Tuition fees are around 600-700€ and the costs of living are around 800€. Many of the International master programs may cost more than 10,000€ for the course but way cheaper than other developed nations.
As there is a long summer vacation from July to mid October, there are a number of summer courses offered at universities and colleges in Germany. Condensed and intensive courses dealing with your subject of choice and with the German culture are offered at the universities and colleges. It is a great opportunity to learn a lot about Germany in courses, lectures, and other types of entertainment and focus on your subject at one and the same time. You will get more information via your university or college of choice.
A good knowledge of German is important. Students must successfully finish a special language examination. There are German courses for international students on offer at most universities. There are also international study programmes for international students where a major part of courses is taught in English or completely in English.
IELTS as proof of English Language proficiency is required from Indian students.
Depending upon course and university.
As a rule of thumb: around 500 to 660 euro per month is required for a course of study in Germany. The cost of living is relatively high in Germany – 660 euro allows a modest lifestyle and no more. The important aspect in any case is to maintain fixed costs, e.g. rent, as low as possible. Students can share apartment with other students.