Admission process in Cothm College
1. GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The criteria for admission have been prepared to enable the Admissions Office to select students who have potential to do college-level work and to place students in courses and programs appropriate to the student’s academic preparation, in an effort to help them successfully realize their academic potential.
The students come from many different countries and bring with them a wide range of academic disciplines, experiences, special interests, talents and cultural heritages. The Admissions Office aims to form a student body, which will give the opportunity to each student to share education and grow in experience as a member of an international community.
In general, all applicants must have completed a secondary (high) school education or the equivalent of twelve years of schooling to be considered for admission. The College recognizes a strong academic performance at high school level as the primary determinant for college level success.
Any person who intends to register for a program/course at the College must first be admitted to the College. Application forms and the most current information about admission requirements can be obtained from the Admissions Office.
Minimum Admission requirements for all programs:
- A High School leaving certificate or equivalent qualification is a necessary entry requirement. In the case of overseas applicants their secondary/high school credentials should be sufficient to allow them to apply for admission to post secondary (higher) educational establishments of their home country.
- Very good knowledge of the English Language with a score of 6.0 in IELTS or 550 in TOEFL or 213 TOEFL Computer Based, or evidence of English Proficiency equivalent to the above. Candidates who do not meet the English language criteria are required to take Foundation Courses in English.
Minimum Admission requirements for the Postgraduate Programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, from a recognized institution. Alternatively applicants may possess a professional qualification (or a combination of qualifications) officially recognized as being equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
Additional Admissions Requirements for the MBA program:
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test(GMAT) score: A minimum of 400 on the GMAT examination. Students who have a grade point average of 3.0 and above for US standards, 2.2 for UK standards or the equivalent, or at least 3 years of work experience will be exempted from the GMAT. An applicant who does not fulfill the GMAT requirements may be conditionally accepted and may take remedial courses of at least 15 credits.